We are a small group, generally about 3 or 4 people, and run in a very informal manner.
We discuss using PCs running Windows 7, 8, or 10. Our sessions are based around a Question and Answer format designed to help U3A members who are learning how to use their computers for the first time and also members who have used PCs for a while, but would like to learn about using new programs.
Group contact: Keith Southgate
Telephone: 01208 873371
Report from Meeting on 5th February 2020
We looked at a number of small topics at this meeting rather than one major subject as is often the case.
Aspects covered include:-
- Clearing the print queue when using Ubuntu operating system
- Updating GMail Contact lists and producing a Mailing List based on these contacts
- Retrieving deleted emails
- Ways of adding read receipts to emails. (A possible solution at https://www.boomeranggmail.com)
- Uploading photos attached to emails to Google Photos
The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 19th February at 2pm
Report from Meeting on 8th January 2020
Three members of the group attended the meeting on Wednesday 8th January, our first meeting for over a month.
- Two members of the group had recently received messages from Lloyds Bank advising that the passwords they were using no longer satisfied the bank's updated security requirement and more sophisticated passwords were needed. We updated passwords as requested. We also deleted an unwanted payee from one of the bank accounts.
- We then looked at the work round needed when sharing photos stored in Google Photos with a person who does not hold a google account.
- One of our members has the role of a Group co-ordinator and we updated details of some of her Group Members on Beacon and subsequently downloaded a partially redacted spreadsheet /pdf version of the membership list, which we emailed to Group members.
The next meeting will be held on 5th February at 2pm.